Service animals only please.
Secure parking lots available ($5 suggested donation).
At Julebyen you will find:
An Outdoor Market with foods and unique, hand-made gifts by local artisans.
* An Indoor Market full of hand-crafted decorations for your home.
* Troll Village , across the street, with a book corner meet regional authors and illustrators) and a variety of recreational exhibits and vendors.
* The Gnome Dome Visit the performance, activites and food tent for the Scandinavian Bakeri, live performers and workshops.
* Children's Activities including craft workshops, fun races and learning activities, outdoor recreation, animals, and more.
There is much to explore. You can drive or take the train!
Come and enjoy the celebration!
The Julebyen Christmas Village is just 14 miles north of Duluth (or 8 miles south of Two Harbors) along the
scenic shore of Lake Superior at the Knife River Recreation Center.
Take the Julebyen train up from Duluth on Saturday or Sunday, or drive up any day.
Parking is available along some city streets.
Secure parking ($5 donation) is available in various locations within easy walking distance.
Please observe areas cordoned off for special purposes. There are passenger drop-off points
in front of the Julebyen Village.
(back to top)
Food experience by local caterers
* Special children's menu and activities
* Silent auction of juried artisan wares
* Tickets must be purchased in advance. $20 adult/$45 family
Credit cards accepted
Menu: Swedish Meatballs & gravy, potatoes, peas, rye bread, lingonberries, Tosca cake, hot apple cider and juice boxes. Macaroni Joes for the Kids.
Cover charge of $5.00 if not having dinner.
Beer: Donated by Castle Danger Brewery, Two Harbors, Mn.
Wine: Donated by Emily's Eatery on Knife River
Music: THUGS Two Harbors Ukulele Group
Silent Auction: Numerous donatons from Julebyen sponsors and vendors. For example, take home this gorgeous Lake Superior handbag by Natalie Walbridge of Dock5.
For tickets and more information contact
Patricia Meyer or Carol Ojard Carlson
This activity is held in the Gnome Dome.
The Outdoor Market will be open Friday, November 30 during JULEFEST
all other sites are closed until Saturday at 9:00am.
(back to top)
Outdoor Market vendors may apply using the
OUTDOOR MARKET APPLICATION FORM
checks payable to KRRC (Knife River Recreation Council with ...'Attention Outdoor Market Vendor'
Troll Village vendors please use the TROLL VILLAGE APPLICATION FORM
checks payable to KRRC (Knife River Recreation Council with ...'Attention Troll Village Vendor'
Mail applications to:
Carol Ojard Carlson, Julebyen Chair
PO Box 245, Knife River, Mn. 55609
Phone: (218) 834-5950
(back to top)